These lemon lime cookies are some of the easiest cookies ever, they’re perfectly sweet and have the best zesty punch of citrus flavor! If you love citrus treats, these cookies are absolutely perfect!
First, preheat oven to 350 and line your cookie sheets with parchment or silicone baking mats. In a medium bowl, beat together the vegan butter and sugar!
Make sure to beat really well, because we want to make it nice and fluffy, to incorporate air into the batter and help the texture of these cookies! You could try substituting the vegan butter with vegetable shortening or even coconut oil if you prefer!
Once combined, add in the flax egg, vanilla extract, lemon and lime juices and the lemon and lime zest! The flax egg helps bind these cookies together, giving them their chewy texture!
The vanilla extract in this recipe helps add a little sweetness and balance out the tangy citrus flavor! Make sure to zest your lemon and lime before juicing them.
For this recipe, I try to zest the entire fruit into the bowl, and then measure out the amount of juice I need! Sometimes people have bigger or smaller lemons or limes, but that’s okay because the amount of zest won’t drastically impact the flavor of these cookies! They’re still be tangy and delicious!
Once combined and it looks super light and fluffy, we can move on to the dry ingredients! In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt!
The combination of baking powder and baking soda give the cookies their light and soft texture! Whisk together the dry ingredients and then pour them into the bowl with the wet. Beat together until just combined!
Scoop into balls, place on a lined cookie sheet and bake on 10-12 minutes. Cool, and enjoy!
Lemon Lime Sugar Cookies
- 6 tablespoons vegan butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tablespoons water)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lime (about 2-3 teaspoons)
- Zest of 1 lemon (about 2-3 teaspoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 cups flour
1. Preheat oven to 350F and lime baking sheets. In a medium bowl, beat together vegan butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in the zests, juices, flax egg and vanilla.
2. Once beat together well, set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Pour into the wet ingredients and incorporate.
3. Scoop into balls, place on cookie sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool, and enjoy!