If you know me, you know I love a good snickerdoodle cookie! I couldn’t pass up on sharing this snickerdoodle cookie recipe, because you can never have too many snickerdoodles, especially when they’re soft, chewy, and covered in a homemade chai spice mixed with sugar, for a perfectly spicy, sweet, and sugary coating. If you’re looking for a perfect fall cookie, this is it!
First, preheat the oven to 350F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. This recipe makes about 24 cookies. Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves in a medium bowl. The spices here mimic a classic chai spice blend.
The combination of baking powder and baking soda does wonders for the texture of these cookies, as they because soft and chewy, while also being perfectly light and fluffy.
Next, beat the room-temperature vegan butter, brown sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl using an electric hand mixer or stand mixer. You can use any vegan butter you would like or even room-temperature coconut oil. Brown sugar is also key to making these cookies super soft, as they add tons of moisture and flavor.
Once the vegan butter and brown sugar mixture is super light and fluffy, you can add in your flax eggs. Beat until the mixture is completely combined, then pour in the dry ingredients.
Continue to use the hand or stand mixer to completely combine the wet and dry ingredients, until no pockets of flour remain. Once the dough is completely combined, make the cinnamon-sugar mixture by combining the sugar with allspice, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
Form balls using a cookie scoop or your hands, and roll them in the spiced sugar mixture. Carefully place on the baking sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes. Cool completely and enjoy!
Chai Spiced Snickerdoodles
- 2.5 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup softened vegan butter
- 1 2/3 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 flax eggs
For the sugar coating
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment or silicone baking mats. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves.
- In a large bowl, use an electric hand or stand mixer to beat vegan butter, brown sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add in flax eggs and combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and beat to combine. In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar, allspice, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, and ginger for the sugar coating.
- Scoop the dough into balls, roll in cinnamon sugar, and bake for 9-11 minutes. Cool and enjoy!