What better way to welcome fall than through these amazing chewy snickerdoodles! They have the perfect unique maple flavor, and crispy edges, with a sweet and chewy center! If you love maple, these snickerdoodles are for you!
First, preheat your oven to 375F and line your baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt!
Baking soda helps give these cookies their signature chew, and salt helps bring out the sweet cinnamon sugar flavor! Nutmeg may seem unusual for snickerdoodles, but it gives them an amazing spiced flavor and makes them unique! It also works amazingly with the maple flavor!
Next, in a larger bowl, beat together the vegan butter, white sugar, and brown sugar! We use both brown and white sugar in this recipe to help keep the cookies moist and delicious, plus, it helps give them they’re richer flavor that pairs perfectly with maple!
Make sure to beat the butter and sugars very well, I usually use a hand mixer to beat them together for 3-5 minutes! Then add in the dairy free vanilla yogurt and maple extract! The dairy free yogurt helps bind our cookies together, as well as helps with the flavor of these incredible cookies!
The maple extract is what gives these cookies their maple flavor while not sacrificing the chewy snickerdoodle texture! Maple extract is super easy to find, I buy mine in the spice aisle of my local grocery store! It will be by the extracts, and it’s so delicious in many baked goods, you won’t regret buying it!
Beat in the dairy free yogurt and maple extract until combined, then add in the dry ingredients. Beat until combined, making sure not to over-mix! Then, scoop the dough into balls using a cookie scoop or your hands. Roll in cinnamon sugar on place on the baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, cool and enjoy!
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dairy free yogurt (vanilla or plain)
- 3/4 teaspoon maple extract
- Cinnamon Sugar (1/3 cup cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon)
1. Preheat oven to 375F and line baking sheets with parchment or silicone baking mats. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, nutmeg and salt.
2. In a larger bowl, beat together the vegan butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Then add in the dairy free yogurt and maple extract. Mix in the dry ingredients. Scoop dough into balls.
3. Roll in cinnamon sugar and place on baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, cool, and enjoy!