This cake is addicting and delicious! It’s so soft and fluffy, with the perfect golden brown exterior and covered in butter and cinnamon sugar, just like everyone’s favorite amusement park treat! It would make an incredible fun snack or an excellent dessert!
First, preheat the oven to 325F. Line an 8 or 9 inch springform pan with parchment paper. You could use a normal cake pan as well, but you may need to separate the batter into two pans, because springform pans are deeper and therefore have a larger volume!
If you do use normal cake pans, make sure to take the cakes out of the pans before covering with butter and cinnamon sugar! After lining your pans with parchment, spray them with cooking spray to ensure your cake doesn’t stick to the parchment!
In a large bowl, whisk together the the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar. We use both baking powder and baking soda in this recipe to help it get nice and fluffy! Make a well in the center of the bowl once the ingredients are combined. Basically, you are making a hole in the center to pour the wet ingredients into so they combine better and you get less pockets of flour!
In a separate, smaller bowl, whisk together flax eggs, oat milk, dairy free yogurt, melted vegan butter, and vanilla extract. The flax eggs help bind this cake together! You can use any dairy free milk in place of the oat milk!
Same for the dairy free yogurt! Any kind would work, and I suggest using either plain or vanilla flavor. You could try replacing the melted vegan butter with any type of neutral oil or melted coconut oil, but I’ve never tried it!
Whisk all those ingredients together, and once combined, pour them into the bowl with the dry ingredients! Mix together with a rubber spatula, making sure not to over-mix!
Spread the batter into the pan. Let the batter rest in the pan for 20 minutes. This allows the baking powder and baking soda to become activated snd start working, ensuring your cake is super fluffy and soft!
Then, bake it in the oven for 42-45 minutes! Cool for about 10 minutes, then carefully remove the sides of the springform pan. Melt 1 tablespoon of vegan butter and brush it on top of the cake. Cover with the cinnamon sugar mixture, slice, and enjoy!
Churro Snack Cake
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 flax eggs
- 1/2 cup dairy free yogurt
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the top of the cake:
- 1 tablespoon melted vegan butter
- 1/4 cup cinnamon mixed with 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 325 and line an 8 or 9 inch springform pan with parchment paper. Spray with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar. Make a well in the center of the bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the flax eggs, oat milk, dairy free yogurt, melted vegan butter and vanilla extract. Pour into the well of the dry ingredients and fold together.
4. Spread into the prepared pan and let rest for 20 minutes. Bake for 42-45 minutes, then cool for 10. Remove the sides of the springform pan.
5. Brush with the melted butter. Mix together the cinnamon and sugar. Cover the cake! Slice and enjoy!