These Cinnamon Rolls are so quick to make, and unlike other recipes that have a super long rest time, these require almost no downtime, which means you can have amazingly delicious cinnamon rolls ASAP!!
First, preheat the oven to 375F and grease a baking dish. I use a large ovular baking dish, but a 9×9 baking dish would work best! If you don’t have a 9×9, you can use an 8×8 (but you’ll need a longer baking time) or a 9×13 pan (and probably a shorter baking time).
In a large bowl, combine the flour, oat milk, melted vegan butter, flax egg, sugar, baking powder, salt, and instant yeast. The recipe is made super easy because you combine all the ingredients in one bowl! That reduces the number of steps in this recipe and the number of dishes you need to clean!
You can use any dairy-free milk or any oil for the melted vegan butter. The combination of yeast and baking powder is what helps these cinnamon rolls rise so quickly while maintaining that classic cinnamon roll flavor and fluffy texture! Don’t be afraid that it’s a little untraditional!
Once your dough is formed, knead it inside the bowl for a minute or so. When ready, the dough should spring back when poked, a sign that enough gluten has developed. Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel while you begin to prepare the cinnamon roll filling!
In a small bowl, melt the vegan butter (or you can use coconut oil if that’s what floats your boat), and then add in the brown sugar and cinnamon. Mix until combined.
Then, take the resting cinnamon roll dough out of the bowl and place it out on a floured surface. I used a large cutting board. Roll out until it creates a large rectangle, about 12×16 inches. Carefully spread the filling onto the dough, making sure it’s an even layer.
Then, roll the cinnamon rolls up. Start at one long side of the dough and carefully roll until you have a long log. Then, using a knife, cut into 9 equal rolls. Carefully place the rolls in your prepared baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. They should be brown on top and on the edges.
Once your cinnamon rolls come out of the oven, you can make the glaze. In a small bowl, mix together vegan butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and oat milk. Add the oat milk in very small increments, because you don’t want your glaze to get too runny.
Once your glaze is mixed, spread it on top of the warm cinnamon rolls, and enjoy!
Easiest Cinnamon Rolls
- 5.5 cups flour
- 1.75 cups oat milk
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tablespoons water)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
For the filling:
- 1.25 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
For the frosting:
- 2 tablespoons softened vegan butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons oat milk
1. Preheat the oven to 375F and grease a 9×9 square or similar-sized oval pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, oat milk, vegan butter, flax egg, sugar, baking powder, salt, and instant yeast. Knead the combined dough for about 1 minute in the bowl.
3. Once the dough springs back when poked, cover and set aside. Make the filling by combining the brown sugar, vegan butter, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
4. Roll out the dough into a 12×16 inch rectangle. Spread the cinnamon roll filling on the dough and roll the dog into a log. Cut into nine sections and placed in the prepared pan.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Make the frosting by combining the vegan butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and oat milk in a small bowl. Spread over the baked cinnamon rolls and enjoy!