These chocolate mint donuts are surprisingly easy to make, with a fluffy and moist chocolate donut, with a vanilla glaze, mint chocolate drizzle and sprinkles of course! These are perfect all year round, and if you love mint chip, these donuts make the perfect treat! You can’t go wrong with baked donuts, they’re so fun!
First, preheat the oven to 350F and spray your donut or mini donut pan with cooking spray, so your donut’s don’t stick. It’s very important to spray down the pan, so don’t forget especially between batches depending on how many pans you have. This recipe makes around 20-24 mini donuts.
Then, in a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Obviously, the cocoa powder adds the rich chocolate flavor, and the combo of baking powder and baking soda keeps these donuts super light and fluffy!
In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, flax eggs, oatmilk, vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar, vegetable oil, and mint extract. The flax eggs help bing the donuts together are so easy to make! All you have to do is combine ground flaxseed with water! You can use any dairy free milk you would like in this recipe, and pretty much any vinegar will work too.
Vinegar reacts with the rising agents (baking powder and baking soda), to create the light texture! I used apple cider because it’s what I had on hand, but you can also use white vinegar. Mint extract gives the donuts their amazing mint flavor, so don’t skip it!
Once whisked together, carefully pour the dry ingredients into the wet and fold until combined. Carefully divide into your donuts pans, I just use a spoon to scoop the batter in. I know that some people find a piping bag easier, so whatever works for you. Bake the donuts for 13-15 minutes, then let cool for 10 minutes in their pan.
Take out of the pan and set on a wire rack to cool completely. Once cool, make the vanilla glaze by mixing together vanilla, powdered sugar, and oat milk if you need! Make sue your glaze isn’t too runny, or it will run right off the donuts!
Dip the donuts in the glaze and set back on the rack. Make the mint chocolate drizzle by melting chocolate chips with oatmilk and mint extract in a microwave safe dish.
I microwaved for 30 second intervals, stirring each time until completely combine. Drizzle on top of the donuts, top with sprinkles, and enjoy!
Chocolate Mint Donuts
- 1.75 cups flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flaxseed mixed with 5 tablespoons water)
- 3/4 cup oatmilk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp mint extract
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
For the vanilla glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1-3 tablespoons oatmilk
For the mint chocolate drizzle:
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp mint extract
- 3 tablespoons oatmilk
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a donut pan with cooking spray. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together brown sugar, flax eggs, oatmilk, vanilla extract, mint extract, apple cider vinegar, and vegetable oil.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet and scoop into donut pan. Bake for 13-15 minutes. Cool.
- Combine the glaze ingredients in a shallow bowl, dip the donuts and place a wire rack. Make the drizzle by melting together ingredients in 30 second intervals.
- Drizzle over the donuts, cover with sprinkles, and enjoy!