These banana muffins are so soft and gooey, with an unbeatable texture! Plus, they’re topped with so much cinnamon brown sugar, making them the perfect sweet breakfast treat for any day of the week!
First, preheat the oven to 350F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas, almond butter, applesauce, and flax egg. The almond butter makes these muffins richer, and helps them stay together!
I bet that peanut butter or any other nut/seed butter would taste incredible here. The applesauce adds sweetness and moisture in this recipe! Don’t worry, you won’t get any weird apple flavor.
Then, to the same bowl add in the coconut flour and baking powder. Coconut flour keeps these muffins gluten free and makes them fluffy and soft! It’s very easy to find at your local grocery store and is super absorbent and easy to bake with!
Next, in a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar or coconut sugar with the cinnamon. Traditionally, white sugar is used to make cinnamon sugar, but by using brown sugar or coconut sugar, the flavor is richer, the mixture is more moist, and it pairs so well with the banana flavor in these muffins!
Line your muffin pan with muffin papers! This recipe only makes 6 muffins. Fill half way with batter, and then sprinkle on about 2 teaspoons of the cinnamon sugar mixture. Then spoon in some more batter, and sprinkle about 2 teaspoons more cinnamon sugar on top. Bake for 24 minutes, then cool and enjoy!
Snickerdoodle Banana Muffins
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tablespoons water)
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a muffin tin with liners. In a medium bowl, mix mashed bananas, applesauce, flax egg and almond butter. Then add in coconut flour and baking powder. Stir together.
2. In a small separate bowl, mix together the cinnamon and coconut or brown sugar. Fill the muffin tins half way with batter, sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of the cinnamon sugar. Spoon on more batter to fill up muffin cup, and then sprinkle on 2 more teaspoons cinnamon sugar. Bake for 24 minutes, cool, and enjoy!