These Blueberry Coffee Cake Muffins are so moist and fluffy, with a perfect muffin top and full of sweet and juicy wild blueberries! The coffee cake aspect comes from the cinnamon sugar and walnut filling which is perfectly crunchy and sweet! These muffins are a perfect year round breakfast!
First, preheat the oven to 350F. Then, beat together the vegan butter and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy! You want to make sure to incorporate air into the mixture to ensure your muffins aren’t dense! Then, add in the flax eggs and beat until combined. The flax eggs help bind the batter together and give the muffins their fluffy texture!
Next, beat in the oat milk, dairy free yogurt, and vanilla extract. You can use any dairy free milk you would like, and any dairy free yogurt as well! You can even use dairy free sour cream if that’s what you have on hand! The vanilla extract helps add a sweet and delicious flavor to these muffins!
Once beat together, add in the flour, baking powder, and baking soda into the wet ingredients. Beat the dry ingredients in until the batter is mostly combined.
We use both baking powder and baking soda to keep the muffins fluffy and soft! Then, fold in the wild blueberries! I buy frozen wild blueberries, but you can use any type of fresh or frozen blueberries you would like!
Once combined, make the coffee cake filling in another bowl. Simply mix together sugar, cinnamon, and chopped walnuts! Carefully scoop a spoonful of batter into a lined muffin tin, you only want to fill it about halfway.
Spoon in cone of the walnut cinnamon sugar mixture (about 2 teaspoons per muffin) and then place another spoonful of batter on top! Repeat until you have no more batter and filling remaining! Bake muffins for 20-22 minutes, cool and enjoy! This recipe makes about 16 muffins!
Blueberry Coffee Cake Muffins
- 3/4 cup vegan butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flaxseed mixed with 5 tablespoons water)
- 2.25 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup dairy free yogurt
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- 2.25 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups wild blueberries
For the coffee cake filling:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Beat together vegan butter and sugar, add in flax eggs and combine. Mix in the dairy free yogurt, oat milk, and vanilla extract.
2. Add in the flour, baking powder, and baking soda and fold until mostly combined. Then fold in the wild blueberries.
3. Mix together the coffee cake filling ingredients in a small bowl. Scoop a spoonful of batter into a lined muffin tin then cover with a small spoonful of coffee cake filling.
4. Place another spoonful of batter on top so the muffin liner in filled to the top. Bake for 20-22 minutes, cool, and enjoy!