These Cinnamon Sugar Chocolate Donuts make the perfect snack, breakfast or dessert! They’re so easy to make, and only need 1 bowl! They’re so soft and fluffy, and have the best spiced chocolate flavor with a sweet and slightly crunchy cinnamon sugar coating!
First, preheat the oven to 350F and spray a donut baking mold with cooking spray! I use a mini silicone donut baking mold, but whatever you have will work! Bigger donuts may require a little more baking time!
In a medium bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, sugar, and flax eggs! Vegetable oil helps keep these donuts moist and delicious, you can use any other neutral oil or even melted coconut oil or vegan butter! Flax eggs help bind our batter together!
Then, add in the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg. The baking powder helps the donuts rise and become fluffy, while the combination of spices and cocoa powder helps create the amazing flavor!
Fold in those dry ingredients until a batter starts to form! At this point, it will be very thick, but don’t worry! Next, add in the oatmilk and combine. This will help the batter become less thick, so you can scoop it into the greased donut pan.
Once combined, carefully spoon the batter into the pan. I find that this recipe makes about 30 mini donuts (which were gone faster than you could imagine)! Bake the donuts for 15 minutes, and then cool slightly.
Remove from the donut pan. In a shallow bowl, melt the vegan butter. In another shallow bowl, mix together the cinnamon and sugar. Carefully dip the donuts in the melted vegan butter and then immediately into the cinnamon sugar.
Place on a wire rack to cool and enjoy!
Cinnamon Sugar Chocolate Donuts
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 flax eggs (3 tablespoons ground flaxseed mixed with 9 tablespoons water)
- 2.25 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1.5 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 cup oatmilk
- 1/4 cup melted vegan butter
- 1/2 cup cinnamon sugar mixed with 2 teaspoons cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350F and grease a donut pan. In a large bowl, whisk together flax eggs, sugar, and vegetable oil.
2. Add in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Fold together.
3. Add in oat milk and mix until combined. Scoop into the greased baking pan and bake for 15 minutes.
4. Once slightly cooled, remove from pan, dip in melted vegan butter and then into cinnamon sugar mixture. Enjoy!