These donuts are so soft and fluffy, and absolutely addicting! They’re sweet with the perfect amount of apple flavor with a glaze that’s perfectly spiced and to die for! These are the perfect fall treat and would make the most fun weekend breakfast!
First, preheat the oven to 400F. In a pot over high heat, bring the apple cider to a boil. Boil for 5-10 minutes, until it is visibly reduced. This concentrates the apple cider flavor and gives the donuts their tangy sweetness without adding too much moisture! You can use apple cider or apple juice, but apple cider is definitely worth using if you can find it!
In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg! The baking powder and baking soda helps the donuts have their light and fluffy texture! The combination of spices pairs perfectly with the apple cider flavor and it just screams fall!
Once the dry ingredients are mixed together, in a separate bowl combine the dairy free yogurt, sugar, boiled apple cider and melted vegan butter! You can use any dairy free yogurt you’d like, I used plain cashew milk yogurt in this recipe.
Don’t worry too much about the boiled apple cider being cooled when you used it, we made it before the dry ingredients so it had time to cool for at least a few minutes! The boiled cider should be about 2/3 cup at this point, if it’s more than that, you may need to boil for a few more minutes to reduce it further!
Whisk the wet ingredients together, and then pour in the dry ingredients. Fold together until combined. Carefully spoon into a greased donut pan, and bake for 10 minutes. Cool in the donut molds for about 5-10 minutes, then carefully remove and let cool.
Meanwhile, make the glaze by combining the cinnamon, powdered sugar and apple cider. Add more powdered sugar if needed to get your desired texture. Glaze the cooled donuts and enjoy!
Apple Cider Glazed Donuts
- 2.5 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1.5 cups apple cider (boiled down to 2/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup dairy free yogurt
For the glaze:
- 1-1.5 cups powdered sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2-3 tablespoons apple cider
1. Preheat oven to 400F and grease a donut or mini donut pan. Boil the apple cider for 5-10 minutes, until you can see that it has thickened.
2.In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the boiled apple cider, sugar, melted vegan butter and dairy free yogurt. Add in the dry ingredients and fold together.
4. Spoon into the donut pans and bake for 10 minutes. Cool for 5-10 minutes then carefully remove and set on a wire rack.
5. Mix the glaze ingredients together, carefully dip or spoon over the donuts! Enjoy!