The name might be a mouthful, but you will want more than a mouthful of these amazing cookies! The have the texture of a hardy slice of banana bread, full of dried cranberries and great almond flavor! They wholesome enough that you could have them for breakfast, or a delicious snack!
First, preheat the oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment or a silicone baking mat. In a small bowl, combine the oat flour, salt, and baking soda! The baking soda makes these cookies tall and fluffy, giving them some of their banana bread texture!
Then, stir in the dried cranberries. You can replace the cranberries with other dried fruit such as dried blueberries, raisins, or even chopped dried dates or apricots! I love cranberries because their partially sweet and partially tangy, adding a great flavor boost to these cookies!
In a separate larger bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, almond butter, vanilla extract, almond extract and agave! Make sure your bananas are nice and mashed, so you don’t get any gooey chunks in your cookies!
You can replace the almond butter with any nut or seed butter, but I would recommend one with a neutral flavor, such as cashew butter, or sunflower seed butter if you have an allergy!
Almond extract may seem like an odd ingredient in these cookies, but it gives them the best sweet bakery style flavor that is so reminiscent of coffee shop banana bread! I promise you won’t want to leave it out! The agave can be replaced with any other liquid sweetener such as maple syrup!
Once completely combined, pour the dry ingredients into the wet and fold together. Scoop into the prepared cookie sheet and top with more dried cranberries and sliced almonds! Bake for 15-18 minutes, cool, and enjoy!
Cranberry Almond Banana Bread Cookies
- 1.75 cups oat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Dried cranberries and sliced almonds for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone mat. In a bowl, mix together the oat flour, salt, baking soda, and dried cranberries.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, almond butter, almond extract, vanilla extract and agave syrup. Once combined, fold in the dry ingredients.
3. Scoop onto a the baking sheet, then sprinkle with more dried cranberries and sliced almonds. Bake for 15-18 minutes, cool, and enjoy!