These strawberry cookies are the ones that dreams are made of, with an amazing soft and slightly chewy texture, covered in fun pink sprinkles that make them a vibrant color and add a perfect crunch! They can be made with frozen or fresh strawberries, so they can be a year round treat!
Start by mashing your strawberries. Microwave the fresh or frozen strawberries in a microwave safe bowl until they’re soft enough to mash. I microwaved mine in 30 second intervals. Once they were soft, I mashed them with a fork and set them aside.
Next, whisk together the almond flour, ground flaxseed, baking powder and salt. The almond flour gives the cookies their signature soft texture, and the ground flax seed helps hold the cookies together, similar to if we were using flax eggs.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the cashew butter, maple syrup, dairy free yogurt and vanilla extract. I used cashew butter in this recipe because it has a neutral flavor, while adding a rich and buttery flavor to these cookies!
You can use any nut butter you would like, but it could change the flavor of these cookies! You can also use any other liquid sweetener in place of the maple syrup, such as agave syrup. I used plain cashew milk yogurt for these cookies, but vanilla or even strawberry dairy free yogurt would be delicious!
When those ingredients are fully combined, add in the mashed strawberries and whisk together. Pour in the dry ingredients, and fold together until combined. Using your hands or a cookie scoop, place into a shallow bowl filled with the sprinkles of your choice!
Any color or shape will work, but I loved the crunchy texture of colored sugar sprinkles. Roll in the sprinkles and then carefully place on a silicone or parchment lined baking tray. Bake for 14 minutes, then cool for a couple of minutes on the pan before placing on a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Strawberry Sprinkle Rolled Cookies
- 1 cup frozen or fresh strawberries, mashed
- 1.75 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cashew butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dairy free yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Sprinkles to roll
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a pan with parchment paper or a silicone mat. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave 1 cup frozen or fresh strawberries in 30 second intervals. Once soft enough to mash, mash with a fork and set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, ground flaxseed, baking powder and salt..
3. In a separate larger bowl, whisk together the cashew butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract and dairy free yogurt. Then whisk in the mashed strawberries. Add in the dry ingredients into the wet and fold together until combined. Using your hands or a cookie scoop, carefully place in a shallow bowl filled with sprinkles.
5. Roll in the sprinkles to coat and then carefully set on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 14 minutes, then cool for a couple minutes on the pan before placing on a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!