Mini muffins can be so much more fun than normal sized muffins, especially when you add mini chocolate chips! These banana zucchini muffins are so soft and perfectly sweet, with added veggies that make these the perfect gluten free treat to share with friends and family!
First, preheat the oven to 350F and line a mini muffin pan with liners. If you don’t have a mini muffin pan, you could use a normal muffin pan, just know that you may have to bake the muffins for a little longer.
In a large bowl, whisk together the mashed banana, shredded zucchini, flax eggs, and coconut sugar. You can substitute the coconut sugar with brown or even white sugar, depending what you have on hand!
Once combined, you can set that bowl aside. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Unfortunately, as far as I know, this recipe cannot be made nut free, because the almond flour is what contributes to the soft and fluffy muffin texture, in combination with the coconut flour.
Next, add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and fold together until mostly combined. Add in the mini chocolate chips and fold those in as well. You can leave out the chocolate chips if it’s not your thing, but really who doesn’t love chocolate chips? You can also substitute any other chocolate chips, it doesn’t have to be mini!
Next, scoop or spoon the batter into your mini muffin tin! I like to use a cookie scoop because it helps me get perfectly domed tops! Bake for 20-25 minutes, cool and enjoy!
Banana Zucchini Mini Muffins
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flaxseed mixed with 5 tablespoons water)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350F and line a mini muffin tin with paper liners. Whisk together the mashed banana, shredded zucchini, flax eggs and sugar.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Fold into the wet ingredients and then add in chocolate chips.
3. Once combined, spoon or scoop into prepared muffin tin and bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool, and enjoy!