These blondies are soft and gooey, with an amazing chewy texture and a sweet taste that will remind you of cake batter! There’s only a few simple ingredients and come together so quickly!
Preheat the oven to 350F and prepare your flax egg. Then, melt your coconut oil in a small microwave safe dish. You could also use vegan butter if you don’t have coconut oil or don’t prefer it! Next, whisk together the melted coconut oil with with flax egg, coconut sugar, and both extracts.
Coconut sugar adds the perfect caramel flavor to these blondies but you can sub brown sugar or even white sugar! Trust me, these blondies will still be just as sweet and delicious!
Almond and vanilla extracts add the perfect cake batter flavor to these blondies! Almond extract is super easy to find and essential for the flavor in this recipe!
Add in the almond flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until a dough forms! The almond flour makes the texture of these blondies super chewy and delicious! If you’re allergic to almonds, you could try substituting for another nut flour, such as cashew or pecan flour, but I’m not sure it would give the same result!
Once the dough is formed, press it into a parchment lined 8×4 inch pan! The parchment keeps the blondies from sticking to the pan and makes it easy to remove them and slice them once they’re baked!
Then, you can press sprinkles of choice onto the top of your bars! I love big and fun sprinkle mixes, such as GoSupernatural sprinkles! Of course, you could also leave off the sprinkles, or even sprinkle on chopped nuts or chocolate chips if you wanted to add a fun and different twist!
Bake for 15 minutes, and then let them cool in the pan completely! This leaves them with gooey and chewy insides and a perfect golden brown exterior! Once cool, you can cut them into 8 squares and enjoy!
Almond Flour Blondies
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tablespoons water)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Sprinkles for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line an 8×4 inch pan with parchment paper. Whisk together the flax egg, coconut oil, coconut sugar, and both extracts.
2. Add in the almond flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until a dough forms. Press into the lined loaf pan. Press sprinkles of choice on top of the dough and bake for 15 minutes. Cool in the pan, slice, and enjoy!