These muffins are some of the most simple but most delicious muffins you’ll ever make! They’re so soft and and fluffy, with super tall muffin tops and full of a mix of gooey and sweet chocolate chunks and chocolate chips!
First, preheat the oven to 425F and line your muffin tin with muffin liners. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt! The combination of baking powder and baking soda keep these muffins amazingly fluffy!
Next, in a medium bowl, combine melted vegan butter, sugar, flax eggs, dairy free yogurt, oat milk and vanilla extract! You can substitute melted coconut oil or any other neutral liquid oil for the melted vegan butter if you wish! The flax eggs help hold the muffins together and give them their tight crumb (meaning they don’t fall apart when you bite into them)!
You can use any dairy free yogurt or dairy free sour cream that you have on hand, I used vanilla and it turned out amazing! You can also use any dairy free milk you’d like, the options available nowadays are endless! The vanilla extract is super important to these muffins, and gives them their classic bakery style flavor!
Once the wet ingredients are whisked together, carefully pour them into the dry ingredients and fold until mostly combined! Then, add in your chopped chocolate or chocolate chips! I used a combination, but you are welcome to do just one of the other! I also used dark chocolate, but feel free to use whatever vegan chocolate you’d like!
Fold the chocolate until combined, and then scoop into the prepared baking tin. Bake the muffins for 425F for 5 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 375F and bake for 16 more minutes! The reason we do this is baking the muffins at a very high temperature at first helps them rise faster and get that classic golden brown muffin top! Cool and enjoy!
Fluffy Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 2.25 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flaxseed mixed with 5 tablespoons water)
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- 1/2 cup dairy free yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 425F and line muffin tin with liners. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together melted vegan butter, flax eggs, oat milk, dairy free yogurt and vanilla extract.
3. Pour the wet into the dry and fold until mostly combined. Fold in the chopped chocolate/chocolate chips.
4. Scoop batter into muffin tins, bake for 5 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375 and bake for 16 minutes. Cool and enjoy!