This recipe is perfect for summer, using lots of fresh berries that add the perfect tangy pop of flavor to these otherwise traditional chocolate chip cookies! You already know that chocolate and strawberries are perfect for one another, but I bet you haven’t ever put them in cookies together!
First, preheat the oven to 350F and line your baking sheets with parchment or silicone mats! Then, in a medium bowl, beat together the softened vegan butter, brown sugar and white sugar.
We use a mixture of brown and white sugar in this recipe because white sugar helps the cookies hold their shape, as it has less moisture, and brown sugar helps give the cookies a darker flavor that pairs so well with the chocolate and strawberries!
Next add in the vanilla and flax eggs! In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. We only use baking soda in these cookies because we don’t need them to be tall and fluffy, and baking soda helps give cookies the darker and browner color when all know and love!
Stir in the dry ingredients into the bowl with the butter mixture, making sure not to over-mix! Then, fold in the chocolate chips or chocolate chunks, along with the chopped strawberries!
Make sure your strawberries are chopped fairly small, because you don’t want huge chunks in your dough. You could try using defrosted frozen strawberries in these cookies, although you may need to bake longer if they have more moisture than fresh strawberries.
You can use any kind of chocolate you want in this recipe, I used dairy free semisweet chocolate chunks. You could even chop up your favorite chocolate bar to put in these cookies!
Scoop balls of the dough onto the lined baking sheets and then bake for 10 minutes. Cool on the pan, and enjoy!
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup softened vegan butter (1.5 sticks)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flaxseed mixed 5 tablespoons water)
- 1.75 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips or chunks
- 3/4 cup chopped strawberries
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line baking pans with parchment or silicone mats. In a medium bowl, beat together the softened vegan butter, brown sugar and white sugar.
2. Add in the flax eggs and vanilla extract and combine. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add into the butter mixture.
3. Once combined, but not over mixed, add in the chocolate chips and chopped strawberries. Fold together and then scoop onto the prepared pans.
4. Bake for 10 minutes, cool cookies on the pan, and enjoy!